Welcome to Boys In House Basketball!
Hello BAC Basketball Families!
This note is to provide some information about the structure of the upcoming season. Our primary goals are to keep everyone safe while also allowing the kids to play the game and have some fun. Below you will find specific information on each grade level. Also, please review the information below that applies to all grade levels entitled “REQUIREMENTS FOR SAFE PLAY” prior to registration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SAFE PLAY:
• No spectators allowed inside buildings for games or practices unless you are an assigned volunteer or coach on your team
• All players, volunteers, and coaches are required to wear masks during game time unless actively playing basketball on the court
• Players, coaches, and game volunteers are not allowed into the building until 5 minutes prior to game start
• Players and coaches must immediately exit building upon game completion. No post-game team huddles or meetings are allowed inside school buildings
• Temperature checks of players, coaches, and volunteers will take place at the entrance to the gym.
o As parents, friends, family, etc. are not allowed to attend unless assigned as an active volunteer by your team’s coach, do not leave the gym parking lot until you are you very certain your child will not return to your car in the case of fever.
• Each team’s coach must rotate parents through volunteer status. Two volunteers per team required each game.
• Each team may have no more than 2 coaches present at games or practice
• No basketballs will be provided to any teams. Each player required to bring their own ball to practice. Game balls are kept at the gym location of game
• Shared pinnies (practice jerseys) are not allowed
K-2 AND 3RD/4TH GRADE SEASON: Unfortunately, our K-2 and our 3rd/4th grade seasons will not run this year. After analyzing the requirements and guidelines for safety, it is in the best interest for all involved to not hold a season for these younger grade levels.
5TH/6TH GRADE SEASON: We will be able hold a season for the 5th/6th grade group. Our registration has been open and will continue to be open through October 16th with payment due by October 24th. Season start is set for Friday, November 6th with practices and first games scheduled for Saturday, November 14th. Due to some safety measure requirements, this season will not run as long as our seasons have in the past. Therefore, our fee for registration is set at $100.00 per player without any available scholarship options.
7TH/8TH GRADE SEASON: We are also moving forward with a season for the 7th/8th grade group. Our registration has been open and will continue to be open until 2 weeks prior to the season start. Our games are set to begin mid-December with practices beginning sometime in early December or late November. As we are at least 4-5 weeks away from closing registration at the earliest, please get registered and we will provide additional information on the 7th/8th grade season closer to the commencement date.
We have put in a lot of work to provide our kids with a safe way to participate in basketball this season. We understand that some of the requirements for safe play may be upsetting and/or disappointing for parents but these decisions were made with guidance through MYAS, MDH, and our local district’s policies and procedures while keeping your children in mind at all times.
We’re looking forward to having your kids on the court this year!!
BAC Boys In House Basketball
The Boys In-House Basketball program offers basketball programs for boys in grades K-12 who attend school in ISD 191 or live within the ISD 191 boundaries. The youngest players will work on skills through clinics while players in grades 3-12 will compete in games as they grow their skills!
Players will have 1-2 practices a week along with games on the weekends. Season start dates vary by age leve. Games will be held in Burnsville and surrounding partner communities. Some age levels will have the chance to advance to post-season play at the state level.
Boys In-House Basketball will provide a jersey for each player. Players are encouraged to wear solid black shorts with their jerseys on game day. Clean, dry althletic shoes are required for all games and practices. If players would like their own ball for practices, sizes are as follows:
Grades 3/4: 27.5" (Women's size)
Grades 5/6: 28.5" (Women's size)
Grades 7+: 29.5" (Men's regulation size)
Click here to contact our volunteers for more information!
BAC is a volunteer based organization, volunteers are always needed to assist. If you have any interest in more information regarding volunteering, please see the Volunteer Information Page.